Terms and conditions
University of Waikato College – Scholarships Terms & Conditions
Overview: This document contains important information about the University of Waikato College Scholarships (“Scholarships”) offered by Study Group NZ Limited (“Study Group”). Study Group is able to offer a limited number of Scholarships to Eligible International Students who confirm their place on one of Study Group’s programmes commencing in 2022. The Scholarships are a discretionary contribution by Study Group towards the advertised tuition fee for the Eligible Programmes stated at Schedule 1. For the avoidance of doubt, please see Schedule 2 for the definition of Eligible International Students.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT. Should you have any questions about Scholarships, please visit pathways.waikato.ac.nz or contact enrolment advisors for more information.
Eligibility: To receive the Scholarship the Eligible International Student must have accepted an unconditional offer from Study Group to study on an Eligible Programme, or have been notified by Study Group that all conditions on a conditional offer have been satisfied, such that the offer is now unconditional.
- There is no guarantee that you will be offered a Scholarship;
- Scholarships are limited and will only be offered to Eligible International Students once offers to study on Eligible Programmes are accepted;
- Scholarship amounts may vary dependant on the location of the Eligible International Student;
- Scholarship amounts will be applied in New Zealand Dollar (NZD) currency;
- The Scholarships will be credited against your tuition fee for your first trimester or if already paid in full, against your next tuition fee invoice. If you have paid in full for all remaining periods of study with Study Group, you can apply for a refund by contacting student services at your Study Centre;
- The Scholarship will not be refunded to you, should you wish to withdraw the acceptance of Study Group’s offer;
- Study Group reserves the right to decline a Scholarship for any student at Study Group’s sole discretion.
Eligible Programmes for the Scholarship are the following programmes available at the University of Waikato College:
- Foundation Studies (Standard)
- International Diploma (Business)
- Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation – Pre-Masters
Eligible International Students are students who are accepted onto an Eligible Programme at University of Waikato College and who are foreign students who permanently reside in the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka