Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation – Pre-Masters (DipPP)
The Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation - Pre-Masters (DipPP) will prepare you for postgraduate study at the University of Waikato’s Triple Crown accredited business school or the School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences.
Why choose the Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation - Pre-Masters?
- A pre-masters programme for international students at New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) level 7 - the same level as a Graduate Diploma.
- Direct entry to a number of postgraduate degrees once successfully completed.
- Accessible to students who have completed at least two years of tertiary study and have achieved a qualification that is at least equivalent to NZQF level 6.
- Expand your career opportunities and increase your earning potential.
- Academic and English language training from specialist teachers help you meet the University's entry requirements.
- Once you have successfully completed your postgraduate degree, you are eligible to apply for a three year post-study open work visa.
|Entry requirements||Academic: The equivalent of at least 2 years' full time successful tertiary study and a qualification equivalent to NZQF Level 6.|
|English language: An overall IELTS score of 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band) or equivalent. Check entry requirements page for more information.|
|Start dates||November 2021
|Award||Diploma Level 7 (NZQF)|
Please note: progression is to the 240-point Master of Information Technology degree and a minimum GPA requirement applies.
- English for Academic Purposes 1
- Personal and Professional Capabilities
- New Zealand Context and Society
- English for Academic Purposes 2
- Professional Communication
- Professional Project
Upon successful completion of the Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation - Pre-Masters, you can progress to one of the following postgraduate degrees:
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Business and Management
- Master of Digital Business
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Professional Accounting
To gain admission to one of the four progression degrees in Business students need to complete the DipPP, which requires a pass in each of the six papers (a result of 50%/C- or more is required to pass a paper). To progress to the Master of Information Technology students need to complete the DipPP with an overall GPA of 4.5 or higher.
Top business school
Triple Crown accredited business school (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA)
University of Waikato College offers you:
- Qualified, experienced, and caring teachers
- A supportive and personalised learning environment
- Opportunity to mix with domestic students to improve your English skills and make local friends
- Study period: 18 Jul 2022 - 11 Nov 2022
- Mid-trimester break: 18 Apr 2022 - 29 Apr 2022
- Study period: 16 Nov 2022 - 17 Feb 2023
- Mid-trimester break: 19 Dec 2022 - 3 Jan 2023
A guide to the academic and language requirements to study at University of Waikato College
Find information about tuition and accommodation fees, health insurance and other costs
Find out more about the requirements you need to meet to apply for a student visa