International Diploma (Computer Science)
This programme will be available from March 2024.
Once you have completed the International Diploma (Computer Science), you will be eligible to enrol into year two of the Bachelor of Science (BSc), majoring in Computer Science or Data Analytics, or the Bachelor of Computer Science (BCompSc) at the University of Waikato.
Why choose the International Diploma (Computer Science)?
- The International Diploma combines the first year of a bachelor degree with English language development and a comprehensive programme of academic support and development activities, ensuring you are prepared to successfully complete your bachelor degree in New Zealand.
- Once you complete the International Diploma, you will progress to the second year of the Bachelor of Science, majoring in Computer Science or Data Analytics, or the Bachelor of Computer Science at the University of Waikato.
- The International Diploma is taught on the University of Waikato’s main campus in Hamilton, so you have access to all the same services and facilities as degree level students.
- The three-trimester programme offers entry in March and can be completed in 12 months.
- Once you are studying on campus in New Zealand, you will gain hands-on experience with some of the most up-to-date and high-tech computing facilities and laboratory equipment in New Zealand.
- During your University studies, you will also have the opportunity to gain practical skills through work-integrated learning.
- The International Diploma (Computer Science) is recognised by all New Zealand universities.
|Entry requirements||An overall IELTS score of 5.5 (with no less than 5.0 in any band) or equivalent. The equivalent of 32 credits across University Entrance approved subjects. Find out more.|
- English for Academic Purposes
- Positive Learning Practices
- English for the Professions
- Foundations in Computing and Mathematical Sciences OR Preparatory Maths*
*dependent on demonstrated mathematical capability.
- Academic Skills and Practices
- Introduction to Programming
- General Mathematics
- Introduction to the Web^ OR The World of Digital Business OR Digital Business Supply Chain Management)^^
^ to progress to the Bachelor of Science.
^^ to progress to the Bachelor of Computer Science.
- Critical Reflection
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Discrete Structures
- Statistics for Science
Completion and Progression
Upon successful completion of the International Diploma (Computer Science) you’ll progress directly into the second year of one of the following degrees:
I'm taking the Bachelor of Digital Business at the University of Waikato.
Before transferring to my major, I studied at the University of Waikato College, where I completed the International Diploma (Business) for my first year of my deqree The International Diploma programmme prepared me with important skills for my second year.
Lanie from Vietnam
Studied International Diploma (Business) at University of Waikato College