Certificate of University Preparation
This one-trimester programme is for students who have a New Zealand secondary school qualification but need additional academic preparation to meet the entry requirements for their chosen degree at the University of Waikato.
The Certificate of University Preparation programme is a university bridging course designed to help you meet the entry requirements for your chosen degree at the University of Waikato.
If you need additional academic preparation, or you are seeking a career change, then this programme will give you the confidence you need for your university degree.
We offer a $2,500 CUP bursary for new applicants. This bursary is available to domestic students who successfully complete CUP and go on to enrol full-time in an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Waikato, in the next available intake. Find out more here.
Why choose the Certificate of University Preparation programme?
- A pathway to most undergraduate degrees at the University of Waikato.
- Recognised by all New Zealand universities.
- Develop the skills you need for university, including research, essay writing, time management and critical thinking.
- Access to full student services and facilities on the University of Waikato campus.
- Join a welcoming community.
- Experience electives in your chosen discipline.
|Entry requirements||Visit entry requirements page|
|Start dates||Trimester A – February|
Trimester B – July
Trimester C – November